Raining all the day. Flood Alerts come back again.
Raining dogs and cats. Flood alerts start.
But… Is it summer, isn’t it….
Don’t you worry, suddenly rain will stop and the sun will start shining.
Yes, that’s it, and people in Palm Beach know. June starts and Floods alerts Come Back in the of South Florida.
And when the rain says goodbye, thousands of bugs, specially mosquitos came to ruin the sunny day.
Humidity and heat are the best conditions for them. Actually, mosquitos love Florida’s weather as well as Floridians’s blood…
So, what can we do to avoid pests at home…and insects bites?
We are going to remember you what Amazon Jack always recommends, not only when the flood alerts are coming.
Amazon Jack recommendations
- Remove sources of food, water and shelter.
- Store food in sealed plastic or glass containers.
- Garbage containing food scraps should be placed in tightly covered trash cans.
- Remove garbage regularly from your home.
- Fix leaky plumbing and don’t let water accumulate anywhere in the home.
- Don’t let water collect in trays under your house plants or refrigerator.
- Don’t leave pet food and water out overnight.
- Clutter provides places for pests to breed and hide and makes it hard to get rid of them.
- Get rid of things like stacks of newspapers, magazines, or cardboard.
- Close off places where pests can enter and hide. For example, caulk cracks and crevices around cabinets or baseboards.
- Use steel wool to fill spaces around pipes.
- Cover any holes with wire mesh.
- Learn about the pests you have and options to control them.
- Check for pests in packages or boxes before carrying them into your home.
After a pest control treatment
- Keep pets and children away from areas where pesticides have been applied. Once applied, chemicals needs 20-45min depending on the treatment. The technician must always advise you.
- If they use baits as a first line of chemical defense against insects or rodents, it is needed the bugs take them and you should let them leave alive, so they will go to the queen and she will die.
- Baits are often effective and can be used with low risk of exposure to the pesticide, as long as they are kept out of the reach of children and pets.
- For other properly information at your area you can consult your local cooperative extension service office.
- Don’t sprayed over the whole room if you keep seeing activity, call your pest control company to inform them.
- If your afraid about the chemicals your pest control company is using, ask the technician, he will provide information about the chemical, such as the material safety data sheet. You can google the label to know where the chemical may be used.
- If you have any doubts, always ask to the experts.
Flood alarms to us
Sometimes you scheduled an appointment and the company call you to cancel because of the rain. Depending on the treatment and the chemicals that should be used, flood alarms are used as an advise to postpone the date of application.